Frequently Asked Questions
General MDBP 2015 guidelines. Rules may vary slightly at local venues.
Please ensure that any security personnel involved in searches are aware of the finally approved list of allowed items and that such final list is posted outside of all venue entrances.
The MDBP Tour requires that the following items be allowed into MDBP events.
- Small bags, purses, and fanny packs
- Empty water bottles, including reusable and disposable water bottles
- Empty CamelBak-style water bladder systems (please see special section below)
- Non-professional cameras
- Cell phones
- Sealed: cigarette packages, tampons, packs of gum, and chapstick/lip gloss
- Sunglasses and hats
- Liquid sunscreen and cosmetic products (max 3oz/90ml)
- Prescription and OTC medications subject to specific conditions (please see special section below)
- Guide dogs for people with disabilities and other service animals with current rabies certification
Please ensure that any security personnel involved in searches are aware of the finally approved list of prohibited items and that such final list is posted outside of all venue entrances.
- The MDBP Tour requires that the following items be prohibited from being allowed into MDBP events.
- Outside food or drink
- Glass in any form
- Unsealed: cigarette packages, tampons, packs of gum, chapstick/lip gloss
- Masks of any kind
- Focus light beam devices, including laser pointers (please see special section below)
- LED gloves, LED microlights, etc.
- Balloons, balls, Frisbees, and/or any other projectile.
- Kandi bracelets and/or necklaces
- Large bags or purses
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Electronic or vapor cigarettes
- Large bags or backpacks
- Totems and/or flagpoles
- Marker pens and spray paint
- Flyers, stickers, and posters
- Flammable products or materials and sprays
- Illegal substances of any kind (including medical marijuana)
- Drug paraphernalia
- Water guns, water balloons, and/or any other kind of water projectile
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks.
- Any item that can be used as a weapon, including wallet chains
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or
- inflict damage to people and goods
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics, or any other kind of explosive
- Single-lens reflex cameras, including digital single-lens reflex cameras (SLR/DSLR)
- Pets (except service animals with a current rabies certification)
- Large umbrellas
Special Note About CamelBak-style Water Bladder Systems
- Although CamelBak-style water bladder systems are allowed empty into the venue, the water bladders themselves must be capable of being removed from the carrier and must be transparent enough to allow security to visually inspect the empty bladder. Additionally CamelBak-style bladder carriers must have no more than 2 main compartments and 1 small compartment. Any CamelBak- style water bladder that cannot be removed from the carrier and/or is opaque enough to prevent visual inspection, and any CamelBak-style bladder carriers larger than the permitted size will not be allowed into the venue.
Special Note About Prescription and OTC Medications
- Prescription medication are allowed only in the original prescription bottle, any persons attempting to bring in prescription medication must have a government-issued photo identification card that matches the name printed on the prescription, and the pills in the bottle must match the description printed on the prescription. Further, if a person has mixed multiple pills in a single prescription container or if a person is attempting to enter with prescription pills in a non-prescription container, medical representatives should be involved to make the final determination about whether or not such pills are to be allowed in the venue.
- Over-the-counter medications are allowed in provided that they are new and the original, factory- sealed container.
Special Note About Focus Light Beam Devices
- Focus light beam devices of any kind or type, including laser pointers, are not allowed into MDBP events.
- The MDBP Tour requires that security inside the venue be diligent in addressing focus light beam devices that may make it through the searches.
- As allowed by local laws, it is requested that security remove or render useless the any focus light beam devices that make it into the venue; should local law prevent the confiscation of batteries and/or the devices themselves, it shall be at the sole discretion of security personnel, in accordance with typical venue policies, as to how focus light beam devices are addressed.